View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 03:50 AM   #122
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Kevan's passive manner belies his exasperation at the wasting of valuable time while these city people banter. The thought of rolling his eyes crosses his mind but that would be a terribly un-Wemic thing to do and so he busies himself with putting away the things that the Captain has brought and attempting to calm the pack horses. Finally, he can take no more. "Look, Lord Pelspin asked me to guide this group across these land and that I shall. What you choose to do beyond that will be up to . . . "

Kevan stops suddenly as he hears the rustling noises, hearing Puli's warnings just as he turns to observe. The scents and sounds reminds him of those times he has had to deal with the feral pigs of these forest. Unfortunately, with all these talking, it is tough to determine the exact number of the charging beasts.

'Pity I will not be able to test out the things that Vash has brought.' Firestorm takes a quick glance at the group's readiness. "Benton Gale, you and I shall flank the Dwarf." Turning toward Puli, "Old Father, you and the chatty one keep an eye on our flanks and give the Mage some time." With a solemn look, he turns to Baldar, "and we shall see if he is as good as he claims." As Kevan checks to make sure his throwing axe will be drawn quickly if needed, he remembers to say, "Please do not attack or make any sudden moves until I say so. If there is only one or two, I may be able to calm them and we can hopefully avoid any unnecessary bloodshed and injuries. Anymore, however, and the pack mentality will not allow them to calm." With that, Kevan readies his quarterstaff. Hopefully, unnecessarily.

Once they enter the clearing, if there are only one or two of the beasts, Kevan shall attempt Animal Empathy. If there are more, he knows of a few recipes he can use for dinner. And preserved meat will be good for the trip.

Last edited by daedalus : 08-01-2004 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Upes. Didn't learn the names right.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote