View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 02:55 PM   #115
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

With the practiced eye of many years, Puli observed his companions and their respective reactions to one another. The odd blend of races and professions, as always, concocted a curious mixture, at times languid like a peacefully flowing river, at others turgid like the frothy breakers of the sea.

“I am far from my native land, and we are heading into a dangerous wilderness home to dangers unknown. It would be unwise to have a divided sense of purpose when such dangers come knocking. I will fight be your sides – each of you – and when asked I will offer what wisdom I can. But it is not my place to lead, nor do I have any ambitions for such a role. With no spite intended to our dwarven war-priest, or to the Prytian mage or bard, I too would yield leadership to the wemic ranger, or to the Prytian paladin. I think it best given that they are more closely attuned to Lord Pelspin’s desires in this matter.”

Puli’s eyes narrowed to slits, and he turned his attention to the wooded grove beyond where Baldar had scraped the bark from the tree. Striking a more martial pose, he clutched his quarterstaff a bit tighter. “Something approaches noisily through the underbrush…”