View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 09:48 PM   #103
JeeberD
General Manager

Hmmm...I have a big decision to make going into my grudge match with Fargo. Ernest Lorenzo is a beloved icon in El Paso. He may not be the most talented QB in the world, but he's tough, gritty, and the Rockets single game rushing record holder.

In El Paso's week twelves overtime loss to Memphis Ernest Lorenzo was sacked and seperated his shoulder. In his place stepped unheralded, untalented Danny Rutter, a rookie QB out of Illinois. He lead El Paso to the brink of victory against Memphis only to have it snatched away because of defensive penalties.

Rutter started the next two games for the Rockets, against Tuscon and Shreveport. In the first game he pulled out a fourth quarter comeback to beat Tuscon and gain his first career victory. In the game against Shreveport he did just enough and didn't make any mistakes and lead the Rockets to back-to-back victories for the first time in franchise history.

This week we play our big rival Fargo. Fargo has beaten the Rockets three straight times (though we should have won the last game ) and stole one of our best players in free agency last year. This game means a lot to the Rockets' fans and I, as the GM of the Rockets, feel that we desperately need to get this Fargo monkey off our back.

Lorenzo is listed as questionable for this week's game. Should I put the beloved El Paso icon into the lineup and risk another injury that could stunt his development? Should I start the quarterback who seems far inferior but has led the team to consecutive victories? Such a difficult decision to make...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote