View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 08:45 AM   #83
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Sensing the group’s need to press ahead, Vasheliave urged his horse to a quicker pace. They passed a small herd of burbeasts, still showing the telltale signs of their shearing earlier in the summer, milled about a small watering hole. A quick glance into the make-shift hut that stood nearby met the watchful eyes of the shepherd. You needn’t worry, Vasheliave thought, I’ve had my fill of burbeast meat…enough to last a lifetime.

The group held their tongues as they moved along, and soon enough they were nearing the grove. It sat on a slight rise in the ground, perhaps an acre or two of ragged-looking trees which all appeared to be grabbing for the sky with their limbs, seeking moisture which just wasn’t there. Vash always felt such trees looked like they’d been baked in a bread kiln. Though a slight wind blew in from behind them, he caught whiffs of pungent bark now and then. Leaves rasped together with a brittle sound.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Frankly, I'm becoming rather concerned about the future of this group. We've got two no shows (Puli and Baldar) and not much interplay devloping with the characters. We'll move onward and see if the wemic can liven things up...