View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 07:31 PM   #46
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 15
Yes!!!! RB Brock Gray accepts the Rudy Scholarship Award. The stupidest student in the country will be coming to Notre Dame! Looks like my persistence paid off! Let’s go live to the award ceremony press conference…

Coach Blitz: Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome you here today to honor the 2001 Rudy Scholarship Winner, Mr. Brock Gray from Weber High School in Ogden, Utah. Brock has accumulated outstanding credentials in nine years of high school—a 1.84 GPA and a solid 571 score on his SAT’s are the highlights of his effort. Not only that, but Brock brings real disability at running back to a squad that badly needs it—we rushed for almost 2200 yards during our 11 regular season games this year. Needless to say, we are looking towards this young man for the future of this fine institution. Brock, welcome to Notre Dame!
Brock: Who are you?
Coach Blitz: I’m Godzilla Blitz, Brock. Remember me? I visited you 73 times. Anyway, you can call me “Coach” from now on.
Brock: Coach? Wow. Cool. That’s a conference. You’ve got the same name as the guy I played for in high school. Why are all these people here?
Coach Blitz: Brock, this is the big day! I am holding here the scholarship acceptance form that states Notre Dame will be paying your way for five years of tuition as long as you play football for us. I bet that sounds good, doesn’t it?
Brock: More Candy?
Coach Blitz: Sure, Brock, once you sign this paper. But tell me, it sure took you a long time to decide on us. Can you tell us what was going through your mind as you thought over this decision for twelve long weeks?
Brock: Well, it was really hard cuz all these guys kept visiting me every week. A lot of them looked like you, and they all wanted me to come to Nota Dam. I didn’t know which one to say yes to. In the end though, I said yes to the last person that visited me.
Coach Blitz: Good thinking, Brock. You’re gonna fit in well, here. And now for the moment you have all been waiting for. Brock, here’s the paper. And here’s the pen. Sign on the dotted line.
Brock: (scribbles furiously)
Coach Blitz: Try the other end there Brock.
Brock: (writes “x” on line)
Crowd: (applause. Camera’s flashing)
Coach Blitz/Brock: (shake hands)
Coach Blitz: (pulls pen out of palm) Congrats Brock and welcome to our happy family!!!!
Brock: Candy?

Yes, it is definitely a glorious day here in South Bend!

We should hear on our bowl game after this week’s games. Here’s hoping it will be a minor one.

We’ve still got one scholarship spot left and have an offer to a perfect zero QB on the board. We’ll wait on that one for now.
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote