View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 07:29 PM   #44
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 13
Report cards are in and…

Aaaargh! Still no change! Kiluk and Butler, the two guys who were failing at the end of last quarter, are still the only two guys failing. We have a slew of guys with low grades in the D range, but we need more failures! Time to burn books. I still have 20 time blocks left so I once again scatter some of these over seniors who are not in danger of failing. Also, I give walkon superstar Cantu 6 full blocks. I am counting on him to see lots of action next year.

For our next news, there is an infiltrator in the house. That’s right, some insidious mole has infested our program and changed the time management ratios for 24 of our defensive players. They suddenly have 20% free time, 15% study, 15% football study, and 15% weightlifting. This is not good. These guys might have time to have fun, have off-campus girlfriends, drink a beer. Damn. Who could have done this? Notre Dame fan Scooper (thanks for the post by the way)? Gindin? Stephens? I’ll have to keep my eyes open. This could be a problem if many of these guys stay happy and academically eligible.

Recruiting
NO CHANGE! Gray is still thinking and nobody decides to accept our scholarship offers. I call and visit Gray a lot just to burn up cash.

Game 10
Pregame
Navy won last week. They stand at 4-5. We’ve gained two positions in the off week. We’re at #30 and 14-point favorites in today’s game. A loss here would put us tied with Navy for 1st place going into the last week of the season. This would be a huge loss for us!

Result
Navy sucks. I mean they are horrible. We had no chance against them. It started out positive, as they drove to our 10 before stalling. They missed the ensuing field goal though and from there it was all downhill. Final score Notre Dame 34, Navy 0. RB Floyd goes nuts and we rush for 200 yards total.

With this performance goes our hope for avoiding first place, our hope for avoiding a bowl, and our hope for a sub .500 year. Oh well, we’ll get ‘em next year.

Record 6-4
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote