View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 07:28 PM   #43
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 12
What a wonderful week this is turning out to be! First, the big news…

They have felt the calling and they have come! RB Gray is still pondering the meaning of life, but eight recruits, including RB Littleton and TE Ferrari, join our ranks. We will have some talent, I’ll tell you that! Three of our perfect zeros have signed up, and our recruiting class overnight has taken a strong step towards building the kind of team capable of challenging the lowlife teams of TCY. I’ll post a full listing as soon as we fill the final three spots, but this has been a glorious day for Notre Dame football.

To ice the cake, we get the kind of walk on I dream about. DE Bob Cantu from Huntington, IN joins us due to some injuries to our DE’s. He is dumb (12/16) and of little talent (6/10). Just perfect for us. His is also getting D’s or worse in 4 of his 5 classes, which is a little too dumb perhaps. With talent like this though, I will spare no expense; I immediately assign him 6 extra study slots to help him with his grades. Welcome to the fold, Bobby! I’ve got big plans for you!

And lastly, on yet another upbeat note, ILB Landdeck is back in the news. Bet you thought I forgot about him, and maybe you have too. He was the QB-made-ILB-sprained-his-wrist-for-seven-weeks-got-dumped-by-girlfriend-and-is-unhappy guy? Remember now? Well, he is now the QB-made-ILB-sprained-his-wrist-for-seven-weeks-got-dumped-by-girlfriend-and-is-unhappy-and-sprained-his-wrist-again guy. Yes, that’s right! Butch did it again. This time he will be hurt for four weeks, and is listed as doubtful. I can tell you, he will be going straight to derogatory after he’s done on this earth. No direct bus to heaven for him.

Recruiting
The big news is above, but there are some notable tactical moves to be made. The big question is what to do about RB Gray. We’ve got only three recruiting spots left, and have offers out to 8 players total. Do I nix 5 other guys to guarantee Gray a spot? Or do I leave it all up to chance. Humm. Nah. Gray is too good of a talent to pass up. I revoke scholarship offers to 5 guys (two of them perfect zeros too) in order to help Gray along. Come on, Gray, it’s not that hard of a decision!

Game
Off week. We’re ranked #32 with two games to go. Navy’s up next week, and our fans tell us that this is a big one. If we are going to reach our goal, this annual game will be a key loss for us. Right Navy sits second in the conference at 3-5 with three to go, so we really must lose this game for us to have any chance at not finishing first in the Independence Seven. I don’t know how bowl bids work but I imagine we’re bowl bound unless we can manage to blow the last two games, which will be tough. But this team has consistently risen to the occasion in big games, so there is definitely a glimmer of hope.

Also, new report cards next week!
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote