View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 07:27 PM   #41
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Thanks for all the feedback!

New and improved Bruce: I have a feeling that the better the player, the earlier they commit. I think I remember Jim mentioning this somewhere in one of the chat sessions. With these players being so low on the totem pole, perhaps they are hardwired to commit later in the process? But to answer your other question, no, Gray isn't being recruiting by anyone else.

The other thing that I don't think is a factor, but could be used as a rationalization of these guy's reluctance would be if they are comparing their ability levels to the level of the players on the team. I would never have gone to a Nebraska to play football even if they offered me a scholarship. I would have never played, and gotten my butt kicked all day long in practice. I was more interested in smaller schools where I would have a chance to start. So maybe there is some reverse logic to a crummy player not wanting to go to Notre Dame? Again, I don't think this is coded into the game, but if the game accidentally plays this way I am not sure it is a real problem.

Syrinx, Buc: Thanks! I am glad you enjoy it!

Irisheyes: LOL! Maybe the girlfriend thing should be reported as a bug to Jim? "When Notre Dame players have girlfriends their happiness goes up. It should be the opposite." Maybe Jim could create a "puts out" rating for each girlfriend, and that influences player happiness? To get really warped (sorry Saints Fan if you read this), each woman could have an ability rating at um, certain things, and we could recruit girlfriends for...I better stop now. I am getting in deep trouble here.

As for the enticing transfers out of the worst SCE team, that's a great idea! I have to have a scholarship leftover though, right? Does that mean I have to recruit only 15 players this year to get an extra slot? I know some people have been saying that their extra scholarships are getting automatically distributed to players at the start of the year. If it can be done though, I will give it a try. Wonderful idea!

Lost Generation, Irisheyes: I have been thinking about the schedule a bit, and think that you're right in that during a year when we make a serious push at #125, we really must lose to the worst teams we can find, otherwise a winless season might not do the trick. I don't think we could do it next year, but perhaps in our third season it might be possible? I am a bit confused about the schedule though, as the only Indy Conference team we are playing this year is Navy. Shouldn't we play all 6 of the other Independant teams each year?

Once again, thanks to all for the feedback. I should have some time to play later today/tomorrow, and will be posting more soon.
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote