View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 07:22 PM   #33
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:
Pass,

What great ideas! I was thinking a bit along these lines when I decided to stop bribing everyone, but you have taken it another step.

I really like your Syndicate Coordinator idea. Kind of like a Mafia blackmailer? Maybe I can find a nice Italian name. We can call this the "Clueless Vinnie brings in the bucks" strategy. Whoops, is your name Italian?

Regarding the fans, I was originally thinking that I would want to empty the stadium, but it was heartening to know that 80,000 Notre Dame fans watched Southern Cal disassemble the team in game 7. Having 80,000 fans watch each week as Notre Dame goes winless is tempting. Tough call here.

There is also a revenge factor to consider with the schedule though. I know I want to get another shot at Nebraska next year to avenge our victory this year. How humiliating was that? In a quest for #125, you beat #1! I simply must get revenge. Damn the torpedos. And I think it would be fitting to try and schedule one game with the previous year's #125 team. Give us a good idea of how far we have to go.

Although I see your point about sacrificing academic ability to achieve the ultimate prize, I have a tacit agreement with the fast food chains of Indiana to provide them with dropouts. I would just hate to go back on my word. But I see your point. If the quest for #125 looks like it will go longer than 4 or 5 years, it might be a good idea to kick that up as an insurance plan.

So many fun things to think about. Life is good.
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote