View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 07:20 PM   #31
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 10
Junior Safety Tyrell Lester needs reconstructive knee surgery and will be out for the rest of the year. We send him to our team surgeon in Somalia for the operation. Have a nice trip Ty! LB Landdeck has now completely healed from his wrist sprain. He still doesn’t have a girlfriend though, and his happiness now stands at 7, so we feel good that he is at least miserable all the time. P Stephens is ecstatic with his role though: his happiness stands at 84. This is good, as we definitely want him as our punter next year.

Recruiting
No news! Nothing! I am starting to get worried. All of our talent is uncommitted, and we are getting into week ten. This is not good. I really hope we get some movement this week. I would hate to get a squad of walkons when we have carefully selected such stars. I will give an update when we get a little further on.

Game 8
Pregame
We slipped again to #29 and have 4-3 Boston College up this week.

Result
We played well in the first half, and at one point trailed 10-3. But the second half saw our offense wake up and we proved too much for Boston College, 27-24. BC added a late score to make the game close, but we were in command by the middle of the 4th quarter. Disappointing performance.

Record 5-3

Well, it’s that time again. Not such a positive session today. We lost only 1 of 4 games, and have had little success in attracing quality recruits so far. Injuries are sustainable, and our rank still sits at a solid mid-20. All in all though, the year has gone much better than I thought it would. With our opening victory over Nebraska, I feared that we would threaten for the national championship. However, we have rallied with three defeats, which should leave us with a mid-level bowl if we win the rest of our games. There is perhaps even an outside chance that we could lose a bowl bid altogether if we could add a couple more losses in the last few games. The big question mark is the recruiting issue, where our top recruits are still sitting on the fence, waiting for who knows what.

Thanks for tuning in! We’ll be back again towards the end of the week.
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote