View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 07:18 PM   #28
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:
Week 7

Once again I bring news. This time it is only good. I looked over some stats after the last game, and what did I notice? That’s right! The playing time bug! Our defensive coordinator is refusing to let DT’s, OLB’s, and safeties into the game. Needless to say they are a bit disgruntled about the lack of playing time. But what better chance for this team to build character? To become strong in the face of adversary? To grow as a unit? So out with any thought of waiting for some wimpy patch. We shall drive on!

Recruiting
A couple more idolaters join the fold. Of the five players that idolize us, three of them are ILB’s. With my house rule stating that I have to offer them scholarship, and with two of them already accepting, the house rule about balancing positions kicks in and I revoke a scholarship offer to very talented 1+ rated ILB. Hate to let him go.

We stop looking for more recruits and burn our phone calls and visits on some players that we have targeted for visits but not offered scholarships to. I don’t know if the game draws these players on as walkons later in the game so I want to get a few people on the list that I haven’t offered scholarships to, but really stink.

And yes, Brock Gray is still thinking…

Game 5
Pregame
Ranked #33, we are seven-point favorites over #41 Pittsburg. We have only four players on the injured list. Maybe it would make more sense to go back to the prepatch version so I can hurt more of them.

Result
Nothing good here at all. Down 28-17 at the half, we rally for 23 unanswered second half points to win going away, 40-28. We rushed for 395 yards, of which senior RB Floyd had 190. Thank god he is graduating; the guy is unstoppable. He’s got 732 yards in 5 games so far. No injuries to anyone either. Sigh. The only bright spot was that fan favorite Stephens allowed another punt to be run back for a touchdown. He just can’t do it all by himself, though. I wish there was a way I could figure out to get Floyd hurt.

Record 3-2
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote