View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 07:17 PM   #27
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 6
I get a couple more emails from disgruntled players requesting scholarships. Whoops. Did I mean to hit that delete button? What were those guys names? Seems I have forgotten. Could it have been walkon OT Morris Ramirez? I bet it was. Here, Morris, have a free ride! Gosh, he looks happy. I get such a warm, tingling feeling when I make people happy.

Recruiting
It has happened! Our first recruit. He’s not perfect: one of those idoldaters, 5+, and smart. But another small step in the right direction.

We’re getting more visitors now too. I continue to push drugs, sex, and gambling onto all of them when finally, ode to joy, it happens! This safety named Beethoven (with a name like that, I wish I could have gotten him, but alas, he’s gone now) gets all huffy at my bribe! An honest man. Way to go Beethoven! He reports us to his coaches; they tell the investigators! We’re in so much trouble. Mom’s gonna be ticked now! Maybe no bowl bid next year. Such a pity. I better back off a bit here now though. Don’t know if this stuff could increase the likelihood of getting me fired. Losing a bowl bid would be a battle won, but if it gets me fired and costs us the final prize, well, that would be just downright frivolous of us, wouldn’t it? I’ll keep all the drugs and women to myself for a while now.

Oh, and yes, Mr. Gray is still thinking our offer over. Not that anyone else wants him. Truly, he is showing all the signs of a top Rudy Scholarship candidate. “Um, let’s see. I have an offer for a free ride to Notre Dame. Or I could go to, let’s see, um, nowhere else. Oh, what should I do?” He is now going on his fourth week of this. Truly impressive.

But don’t wait too long there, Brock, or we’ll be forced to go find another candidate. Only so many pens in the barn. Maybe we’ll make it a competition next year. I’ll find the best three candidates, offer them all scholarships in the first week, and the LAST one to accepts gets the award. That should add a twist to the whole thing. Wouldn’t want the Rudy Scholarship to go unawarded too many years in a row.

I pester my recruits some more. I call the Curtis Parson, a safety from Moriarty, NM, eight times. Digital simpleton that he is, he thanks me each time. God, I love this game!

Game 4
Pregame
This is another big one: Texas A&M, ranked #8 and 7-point favorites. We’ve climbed back up to #24. Guess who’s back? ILB Landdeck. Remember him? The QB made ILB that sprained his wrist against Nebraska? Well, he’s the backup ILB now. Listed as doubtful, but all suited up with a nice clean gold helmet.

The Result
Share a dance with the one you love, cuz we got our butts handed to us: 38-8! Our second loss! This one was sheer perfection, as we were never in it at all. Well, we did threaten to make it a game at one point. Down 16-0, we’re driving for a score when senior WR Beeston catches a pass and rumbles deep into Aggie territory. But maybe he’s a bit tired from all that lifting, I don’t know, because he coughs the ball up to an Aggie defender who takes it 80 something yards for the score! For that clutch play we award Beeston today’s Marmel Game Ball. Way to go Beesty! We love you!

On a down note, Landdeck didn’t get hurt again, and Stephens had a respectable 37-yard average on 5 punts.

Record 2-2

Well, it’s about that time again. All in all we’ve made remarkable progress today. But remember, if we are going to get the #125 ranking, we are most likely going to need to lose all our games! Nothing can stop us. One win and the quest is probably ruined. So we have a long way to go before we descend to the ranks of the Troy States and the Baylors of this world. And the entire SCE conference lies in our path. We cannot afford to get complacent. Perfection takes hard work. See you soon! We’ll be back before you know it!
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote