View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 07:17 PM   #26
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 5
Report card time, kiddies. Let’s see, how did we all do? I take a look at the academic report…

Only one E? Everyone else is passing? Huh? With 10% study time? One RB is in danger of academic disaster, but otherwise all the students are passing. Well, it’s early. Maybe they will get worse as the season goes on. Only a minor setback here. Take a deep breath, move on. I’ll hold back on the extra time blocks right now, maybe save them all for the end of the year. No help for the troops now. They look busy enough as it is with 3.5 hours of practice, followed by 3.5 hours of weightlifting each day. He he. I would just make them more miserable if we gave them extra help with their classes. Teach them independence, I say.

We get some good news though as we get our first walkon! And he is a winner! An OT that has a potential of 17! Our first spot of blue on an otherwise yellow and red roster screen. Great stuff! Only problem is that he is smart (91/91). Yikes! But still, he is clearly a cut above the rest of the team. I wonder if he will ever start. Remember this name folks, Morris Ramirez. He is where it all begins! The first chink in the armor.

Recruiting
Making progress, as we get a lot more visitors coming! Three of these are the perfect zeros that we covet. RB Gray is still thinking…

I make some more contacts and offer visits to other attractive candidates. I don’t offer scholarships to these new guys; I just let them know I love ‘em. I continue to harass those that I covet.

Game 3
Pregame.
We are working our way down. We’re now ranked #35, and play #43 West Michigan this week. Unfortunately, we had no injuries last week, and we are 14-point favorites. Off we go…

The result
Damn those West Michigan idiots. The score is tied, 24-24, they have the ball on our 15 or so. 4th down and 2. 10 seconds left. So what do they do? They go for it!!!! They make the first down, but the clock runs out. What morons! Remind me to hire their offensive coordinator in the offseason. He can help our quest bigtime. Sadly, we go on to win in OT 44-41. I tell you though, making Stephens the punter was a pure stroke of genius. Those of you out there that suggested it, give yourself a big pat on the back and have some milk and cookies. He could get MVL (most valuable loser) award at the end of the year! Just listen to what he did for us. Trapped deep in our own end, he booms a 21-yard punt that gives West Michigan the ball on our 25. They romp in for a quick TD! Then, with us leading by 7 in the 4th quarter, Stephens cracks another blast, a 31-yarder with no hang time, that the Purdue guy grabs and runs back for a 91-yard TD return! Another 7 points! This guy is wonderful! Just by himself he is responsible for a 14-point swing! And to think, he was at the forefront of the darkside just a mere two weeks ago. This really sends a message to all you out there struggling in life. Great things can happen if you get your ducks in a row and start fighting for the force.

On a minor down note, walkon OT Ramirez doesn’t get into the game.

Record 2-1.
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote