View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 07:02 PM   #10
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Game 1
Pregame
Things are really going our way early here. I am starting to believe all these reports about TCY being too easy. With the two bye weeks, we have dropped out of the top 40, and we have drawn #1 Nebraska this week! Unfortunately we are on TV #1 so the world will be watching. Maybe we’ll get blown out.

Result
This is awful. We beat #1 Nebraska on national tv! Final score 34-24. We took an early 14-3 lead, then let Nebraska tie the game at 17 by returning two interceptions back for TD’s. Things were looking up! But then we mounted two long TD drives that iced the game. Sigh. Our defense is too good. I’m in a bad mood now. I need to do something to cheer me up. I know! Let’s mess with someone’s position.

Let’s see. I’ve got four people that make sense to switch. I’ve got to choose carefully, as this is the last thing that I can do to influence my on field performance this year. A mistake here and we could end up national champions!

Here they are:

RB Rick Floyd. He’s an 87-rated senior that just romped for 181 yards. He is the highest rated player on my team. BUT, there is another back right behind him that is rated a 75, so not much difference if I nuke him.

WR Duane Loendorf. The best of our receiving corps, rated an 83. But once again, there are a slew of guys right behind him. 5 catches for 81 yards in our first game.

ILB Don Stephens. The clear and away leader of our defensive linebacking corps. Rated an 84, the nearest ILB to him is rated a 57. Only had three tackles against Nebraska though.

Or we could nail another QB, starter Rex Dawkins. He’s only rated a 56, and there’s another guy right behind him at 51, but Dawkins numbers (18-23, 336 yards, 2 TD’s, 2 ints) were pretty good for playing against the #1 team.

This is proving too tough for me. I know! Let’s let you, the fans, pick the winner! I’ll call this “Why Let Only One Person Have All the Fun?” contest. That’s right. This will be my last post of the day, and I actually have to work during the day tomorrow and go out tomorrow night, so let’s hold a 24-hour vote to determine who gets their position changed! To play the game, respond to this thread with:

1. The name of the player you think should be changed. Write-ins accepted, but please make them from the team roster if you want them to actually count.
2. Some derogatory Notre Dame remark.

Votes without a derogatory Notre Dame remark will not count. That’s right, we don’t want any Notre Dame spy fans messing up the quest for ignominy. Come to think of it, we’re probably safe; “derogatory” has more than three syllables so I don’t think Notre Dame fans know what it means. (Notre Dame Fan: “I know what that means! That’s where you go before you get into heaven.” Har!) But in any case write something funny or nasty or tell a joke about Notre Dame if you want your vote to count. Doesn’t have to be creative, but let’s keep it clean. We’re just having some fun after all. Voting closes at midnight, South Bend time, not that I know when that would be. If you are the first to vote, your vote counts double. If you are the only one to vote…well, you can probably figure that one out on your own.

Take care not to hang your chad, and see you tomorrow!

GO IRISH!!! Yee haw!
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote