View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 05:10 AM   #26
Taur
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Who produces Stargate?

I know SciFi dropped Farscape because of cost, and I've heard more than once that they'd prefer to keep their productions in-house. Firefly would not be in-house and was high-budget, by SciFi's standards. I assume Galactica would be in-house, so costs for SciFi would be lower.
No Sarcasm intended, but I do not know What you mean.

I am thinking what the Sci-Fi network did with the ex-Fox series sliders. They bought the rights from Fox, killed off the actors who would not take a pay cut, and I assume then started production "in-House"

I am also thinking that was the same formula they used when they aquired StarGate. Although I have not seen to many changes to the set.

--BTW-- My favorite cancelation/relocaton of all time comes from the CBS series Due South. After CBS cancelled the series Paul Gross moved it up North to Canada and started producing it as an independent show. Of course some of the actors had to be replaced, like the costar who went into deep cover and then had 2 cameos in the first episode and series finale. And, who could forget that first episode....A mad killer comes into town and proceeds to burn down Ray's house, the local police station, the apartment house, and finally the Canadian Consulate. A clean sweep of every soundstage CBS had built for the series.

Last edited by Taur : 06-25-2004 at 05:25 AM.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote