View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 06:01 AM   #37
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton did not know what item he was tasked with finding until this very moment, but knowing Lord Pepsin, he relized the artifact would be of significant importance even before the explaination came. After hearing the name, and remembering the history taught to him by his father, Benton began to worry over the stolen scroll. This powerful object was now being sought by another group, and to Benton's Paladin way of thinking, obviously an unscrupulous one at that.

Prytian's are known for their love of their ancestors and the ancestors history, and as a Paladin, Benton added the love of returning that glory to his city, and the thought of completing this quest truly inspired the adventurer in him. Benton was pleased to see the others quickly buy in to the importance of this job before them. Having been on enough of these adventures, Benton knew that the groups dedication to the task was paramount for success and in this case where the group would be racing against an unknown adversary it may prove even more vital. Listening to the other's comments and their pledges of dedication, a smile began to form on the big man's face...until Puli stated...

"Apparently it has significane for the Prytians, but I am not terribley concerned with that. After all, what is the petty history of a land many miles away from mine?"

...this quickly wiped the smile away. Benton's passion and heritage, caused his face to redden, teeth to clinch and eyes to narrow into a scathing glare. He stood and said, "I realize that Monks typically only care about making the present a better place for all, but to ignore history is folly. In this case especially. Lord Pepsin has already stated that a war with Rhylla distroyed the Britau where the Candle Mage flourished, and Rhylla would have no quams about using such an item to further expained their area of influence. If it's peace you want, you better hope the Rhyllians or some other historically aggressive race doesn't locate the Candle Mage first and find a way to exploit it's powers for their own gain."

With that Benton sat down. As he cooled off he realized he may have been a little harsh with the old Monk, and in fact, he felt a little embarassed at his outburst. Benton knew the Monk probably cared more about the "petty history of a land many miles away from mine?" than he let on. In fact, Puli probably cared significantly about finding this item if only to preserve the peace...else he wouldn't have approached Lord Pepsin with the map. Benton then resolved to appologize to Puli as soon as he could speak with him in private.

Last edited by Breeze : 06-23-2004 at 06:06 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote