View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 05:41 PM   #35
mordhiem
Mascot

"I suppose you want to see the scroll then..."

Puli took his rucksack off his shoulders and unbuckled it, removing a small rolled up parchment that had clearly seen better days, not much larger than a tablemat. This he unfurled and placed on the table in front of everyone.

"I acquired it on my travels in a tavern just north of Boltath from a needy fellow in exchange for some bandages and a few slices of bread. Well, not necesarily in exchange, I was going to give the man what he asked for regardless, but imparted the scroll upon me as a parting gift. He said he was a collector of various artefacts and trinkets, but had decided to retire and had no use for this map any longer. I thought little better of it until happening across this quaint village and decided to have it examined by someone who may be able to inform me as to its usefulness. The expert I approached was the very Lord Pelspin before us now. Apparently it has significane for the Prytians, but I am not terribley concerned with that. After all, what is the petty history of a land many miles away from mine?"

As if suddenly realising he had been talking for a significant amount of time, Puli abrubtly halted and waited for others to continue the discussion. He however did not retreat to the corner as before, this time standing near the map. Almost guarding it is from as yet untrusted individuals. He may not openly claim so, but his body language shows that Puli is very much attached to the scroll, for whatever reason.
mordhiem is offline   Reply With Quote