View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 10:06 PM   #49
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA

I'm not sure that we didn't have more realism our way than some of today's games -- after all, we had complete control over them as kids, if something didn't fit "reality", who among us didn't occasionally ... ahem ... "alter" the results. It's amazing how many re-rolls became neccessary sometimes

In 5th and 6th grade me and my buddy used to spend hours a day recreating MLB playing APBA. But instead of ever playing each other we would each simulate a league and then play each other in the world series. I can remember the '84 or '85 season we both had our favorite players (who were not stars at all) His was Howard Johnson of the Tigers and mine was David Anderson of the Dodgers. It was amazing how these mediocore players led the league in basically everything. And when one of us was playing with their favorite team you always knew they were "effecting the outcome", but you never really wanted to know. (Kind of like your college roommate masturbating in the shower ) re-rolls, you bet all the time!

Last edited by panerd : 05-28-2004 at 10:08 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote