View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 02:26 PM   #31
QuikSand
lolzcat

I also recall putting all my mini football helmets (from the quarter vending machines) to good use and starting an actual football league using them. In time, I discovered that you could do two things with the little helmets:

-you could flick downward on the back of the helmet with a proper touch, and it would launch forward a few inches, roll onto its back, and then reset itself upright ... about 2/3 of the time

-you could flick downward really hard on the back of the helmet, and the helmet would flick forward between 6 and 24 inches in the air (just barely off the floor) with a modest amont of accuracy

I decided in time that these two things would become rushing and passing in my football league. I don't recall exactly how I made it work, but I remember playing football games using the helmets against one another -- flicking helmets forward to represent a running back rushing with the ball, flicking others toward it to represent would-be tacklers, and later hard-flicking a QB-helmet in the direction of a WR-helmet in an attempt to complete a pass.

I remember laying out masking tape all across our hardwood floor to mark the yard lines and out-of-bounds markers.

Last edited by QuikSand : 05-28-2004 at 02:26 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote