View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 02:05 PM   #24
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
To this day, I still think that the economist in me was born at the NFL pencil machine in front of Mr. Meade's office at Woodlands Elementary School.

One day, I put in a nickel, and expected to get my random pencil. The machine instead jammed somehow, and I got nothing. I asked the secretary in the office for help, and Mr. Meade came out to resolve the problem. He had the key to open the machine... and he asked me what team I wanted.

I was maybe seven years old. This was like paradise! I could get my beloved Miami Dolphins! I usually had to wait for them, or . . . or . . . trade for them...

"I'll take the Dallas Cowboys" came out of my mouth before I even had a chance to think about it.

I went off and found one of the many "America's team" saps around schol, and negotiated something like a three-for-one deal, getting not only my Dolphins, but probably something ratty like the Chiefs and Bears in the deal too. But it was a lesson learned. Supply and demand. Stupid Cowboys fans. It all came together.

I love you, man.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote