View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 02:04 PM   #23
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

A flood of childhood memories. I sometimes used the MUSCLE guys for wrestling, but I actually constructed an entire football league around them. Had a electric football field that had lost most of its players and used that for the playing field, though I think I turned it into an arena league field of 50 yards rather than 100, though the width was still the same. No real rules governance about how play unfolded. I think I used a die, but it's hazy. I think it was four or five to a side since they were so big compared to the field. I even created "newspapers" that had standings and even a drawing to mimic a photograph one might see in the paper. I think I did at least a couple of years of that.

Invented basketball leagues using a Nerfoop, with some rules as it was me against myself, but I was playing different players on the team (3vs3, I think). I think the play flow was a long range shot, followed by a medium, followed by an in-close attempt (representing the guard, forward, and center). If a shot was made, change possession to the other team; it's their turn. If all three were missed, the other team got a fast-break that resulted in a dunk usually. Me being the geography nut that I am, I also created trophies for each of the divisions in the league that resembled the ACC trophy (outline of the states that have ACC teams with stars where the teams are located).

Let's see...what else? I created a small soccer league using a deck of playing cards dictating the scoring by half. 2-9 (or 10, can't remember) scored nothing, 10-J was 1 goal, Q-K was 2 goals, and drawing an ace resulted in 3 goals. Teams, based on prior year's performance, could modify the value of the card so that better teams were more likely to win. Made up team logos and everything. New York Knights, Baltimore Harbor Side, West Palm Beach Raiders, LA Stars, San Antonio Lone Stars, New England Britons.... I actually expanded the league to 12 and put in relegation.

Oh, yeah, also did the Matchbox/Hot Wheels racing thing. Usually some sort of downhill side-by-side race (driveway across the street from my house was smooth and long enough but not too long for such things) or using a Hot Wheels garage set which had a large swooping 'S'-curve from top to bottom and using a stopwatch that was built into my watch.

Good stuff.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote