View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 01:40 PM   #11
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
I have been waiting for this question my entire life.

I had matchbox cars when I was a kid. I would play demolition derby. The rules were--you put a car in each hand and rolled them into each other. If both cars or neither car ended up on its back, you resmash them until one is standing and the other is not. There were, of course, all sorts of ground rules relating to obsticles in my room--the details of which are not important here, but rest assured that they are about as detailed as you would imagine.

I had seen the NCAA tournament at that point, so I understood 64 bracket tournaments and would set the cars up in them. Later, I had the idea to play entire seasons and playoffs with the cars--complete with divisions and records and tie-breakers and the like (I still have the records of all of those seasons at home. Lots and lots of paper).

This was one of the ways I wrestled MUSCLES. I had a little ring drawn on my desk and I would throw the two figures at one another. Whoever stayed in the ring was the winner. Ironically, this was one of the few things I didn't use in a bracket format. I played it more in a winner stays and is the reigning champion. I had records for the number of successful defenses.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote