View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 11:46 PM   #8
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

May 19, 2004

Well, good news and bad news. Good news is that I've got eight scripts all be written and soon, they'll all will be filmed barring complete and total diaster or one of the Weinsteins finding large caliber weapons. The bad news is I just I had to tel Mel Gibson I wanted no part of his pitch. It's weird telling a guy who just made three hundred million large this year that his idea isn't good...but he wanted 40%. No way in hell am I giving 40% any time short of Jessica Alba and Lindsay Lohan walking in here only wearing bikini oil. However, I did pitch him one of the movies that will run first, and he said he'd think about it.

But, anyway...I sent Rogue Mission back out for a slight rewrite, School Blues need a slight polish and it's likely both Unbalanced Scales and Superman will need 2nd drafts. Because, as a rule...first drafts blow more than a coked up Courtney Love.

*shudder*

That was a bad, bad party. More good news is that Spielberg has agreed in principle to direct what we pitched him to. Sure, he's getting eleven million and a exective producer's credit, but he was actually receptive to my no percentage clause. Plus, this is a different kind of movie for him...no epic storyline, nothing to say, just a fun, entertaining movie.

-------------------------------------------------------------

June 7, 2004
movieznewzyouzcanuze.com

SPEILBERG TO DIRECT FIRST GE FILM!!!

My spiez have been hitting me all this weekend that ole' Stevie Speilberg himself will be helming the first film from The OC (biatch) complex that will be Global Eagle Studios. The question is, which one will be. Judging from the films that we know or think they have the right, here's a little betting odds for all us film geeks...

3:1 Rogue Mission - Hmm...blockbuster book, heavily hyped...sound famaliar at all???

6:1 Superman - Why, it's bloody Superman ya' idiots. Spielberg on top of that woiuld just about guarantee Spidey's opening weekend fell like a stack o' Jenga blocks.

10:1 - Watchmen - Again, comic book movie, but could be too dark for Spielberg.

25:1 - The Field

OK, on to our next news item...

ASHTON KUTCHER TO STAR IN 'THE FLASH'???? WE MUST BURN DOWN WARNER BROTHERS MY FELLOW GEEKS!!!!!!

Last edited by Jesse_Ewiak : 05-05-2004 at 11:47 PM.
Jesse_Ewiak is offline   Reply With Quote