View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 05:06 PM   #69
mmarra82
High School Varsity

Skid Hits Six!

Skid Hits Six

Houston, TX - The New York Jets skid hit six games yesterday when they lost to the Houston Texans 27-10. The Jets were completely outplayed on both sides of the ball by the Texans who got their first victory of the season.

Curtis Martin fumbled the ball two times, as the Jets turned the ball over three times in all to the Texans. Pennington who completed 21 of 33 passes was unable to move the team with any consistency. Coach McGregor announced shortly after the game that the team needs a change and that veteran quarterback Vinny Testaverde will get the call to lead the Jets against the Eagles next week in Philadelphia. Philadelphia who has been struggling this season will welcome the opportunity to play the Jets and get their season back on track.

After the game Chad Pennington responded after learning of the decision, "Obviously I am disappointed that I will not be the starting quarterback next week. I feel as if I have let down my teammates in not delivering this season. I understand why a change is needed and I will do everything I can to help Vinny and the offense get ready for our game with Philadelphia." Pennington looked upset but handled the decision like a professional.

Curtis Martin, who fumbled twice, commented, "Chad looked good out there today, he was throwing well, I put the ball on the ground twice, and he is the one who is suffering for my mistakes. I have not felt this low in my NFL career at anytime, but I am not ready to give up, we will get ready or I will be explaining the reason for our seventh straight loss."

Last edited by mmarra82 : 05-02-2004 at 05:07 PM.
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote