View Single Post
Old 04-29-2004, 07:46 AM   #8
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Speaking of DirecTV, I've had my 2-receiver system for about 3 years, and 1 of the receivers is apparently dying on myself already. It keeps shutting itself down. The tech I spoke with on the phone tells me that the signal strength isn't the problem, so it looks like I'm going to have to replace it. Anyone else had to replace a box this quickly?

Now this puts even more pressure on me to consider buying one of those TiVo things, which I know I won't get much use out of.

And...going off on another tangent, I read an interesting article on CNN yesterday about how TiVo is in danger of losing its market because no one knows the difference between TiVo and the DVRs being sold/rented by cable companies. I must admit, until I read that article, I didn't really know there was a difference, either. Pretty much every cabel company is using DVRs with another company's software, meaning that TiVo is faced with losing its place in the market that it created just a couple of years ago. Even DirecTV may not need TiVo anymore, since they apparently just purchased a company with a subsidiary that makes DVRs and/or the software for them. Fascinating stuff, really.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote