View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 07:32 PM   #47
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
From what I remember of the test, it's more like 50 questions. You get something like 8 seconds per question. I've taken the test twice, and passed once.

Well, they might do this in Culver City, but not on the searches. You do write down the interesing things, but you do so before the test and hang onto it. If you pass the written portion of the test, you hand this in. They will call three contestents up at a time, give them buzzers and you'll play for a few questions. The questions were presented via projector hooked up to a computer running some crude software. A question will be read, and then a yellow border will light up around the projected question to indicate that you can signal in. Timing here is pretty tricky. You also tell a little about yourself like you would on the show. I'm not sure what kind of analysis they do here.

Regarding 3), I don't remember them really telling me anything as to if there was any "passing" of the fake game. You go into the pool of contestants, where I think maybe 1 of 10 people is actually called for the show. There was a good number of months where they could call, basically the entire filming season. You would be notified a month in advance if you are chosen to appear, and then you are responsible for a) getting to California and b) making and paying for accomodations.

There was much discussion about this when Subby's wife appeared on the show, if someone can dig the link up somewhere.

Well, my post had some element of truth in every part of it.

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 04-28-2004 at 07:32 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote