View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 04:24 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

#*@#$@# Cox Cable

Yesterday, my wife calls me and tells me the cable went out around 12:30 PM. It comes back barely a half hour later, so I call cox cable to let them know of the problem. They tell me there was a local accident that knocked out service for a portion of New Orleans, and that it should be fixed in a few hours. 5:30 PM comes last night, I get home - no cable, no internet. I call the cable company, they deny there was ever a large cable outage earlier in the day, they try a couple of troubleshooting tips, and then they say we need to send a repairmen out to fix it.

This is the third time they have had to send someone out in a year and I've been frustrated by the frequency with which my outdoor cable lines have had to be fixed. Furthermore, despite my family ordering every service they offer, they can't send anyone out until Friday. They tell me if I had asked for help earlier in the day, I could have gotten a Weds. appt, but as I point out to them, they dissuaded me from putting a work order because of "the big outage" which they now deny.

Oh well, long story short.. I only have internet access at work, and today was very hectic. So, Guessestimates 3 won't be ready until at least Thursday. My apology for the delays. Also, I might not respond to all of the PM's I have until Thursday.

For those in the eNFL, I did send in a file from work, so hopefully my team doesn't falter

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote