View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 11:17 PM   #63
DataKing
Pro Rookie

NevStar: Thanks. I think part of the reason everyone thinks defense is under-rated is that they disregard the midfield. To my way of thinking, the midfield is an extension of the defense, rather than a completely seperate entity. That's why I have put together a decent midfield. If your opponent has 75% possession, they're just going to keep hammering away at your defense, and eventually find a way through, no matter how good that defense is. They'll get 3 attacks to every one that you get. That's my take on it, anyway. My midfield deserves some of the credit for this shutout, for sure.

sterlingice: I PICed this match (hence the weak midfield rating), and I will certainly do it again next week against the new team. But whether or not I MOTS against Ramblers week 11 remains to be seen. My first priority right now is to make sure I stay in 2nd place, and Croats in Miami are on an absolute tear (7 straight wins). I'll analyze the games both Ramblers and Croats play next week, and see whether or not MOTSing would be shooting myself in the foot.

Your situation is certainly different than mine. Coming into the game in the middle of the season like you did, you have very little to lose. Do whatever you can to make sure you finish in the top four of your series, so you get a piece of the prize money at the end of the season. That's what I'd suggest. The more you can manage in prize money, the stronger your squad will be next season. CCs Dragons and the Darksiders are out of your reach, but you can take down Atlanta United and claim the $37,500 for 3rd place.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 02-09-2003 at 11:20 PM.
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote