View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 08:08 PM   #18
Taur
High School Varsity

I posted this after watching T.B.D.S.S.P. That morning they features three Black guest talking about "Minority" hiring practices in the NFL. Gone were the words of "black" or "African American" and they were replaced by the term "Minority". It was "minority" this and "minority" that. Both the shows hosts and guests were no longer talking about "Blacks", but now were talking about "Minorities".

Except, when they showed flashbacks from a couple months ago when Cochran was on the show. Then it was strictly "Black" and "African American". By both the Guest and the Hosts.

The new "Report" that everyone is citing is now being referred to as "The Rooney Minority Report". The Report outlines the "Minority" hiring practices for the NFL.

My point is the word "Minority" and "Black" are not interchangeable. You can be a "Minority" and not be "Black". But, listening to these so called "NFL Experts" that are appearing on every sports talk show you might come to the conclusion that either you are "Black" or part of the "Majority".

Why am I not hearing anything about the "Hispanic" coaches in the NFL? Or, the Asian coaches? Or, the Native American coaches? Or, the Southern Pacific coaches? Or, the so so called "other Box" coaches? Actually I believe the US Census had 8 boxes for race; so basically who is representing the other "7-Boxes" in the US. I find it hard to believe that Cochran and his movement are.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote