View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 11:33 PM   #1
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Iowa Barnstormers 2009: It's All About the Benjamins

Dynasty Overview

The purpose of the Iowa City Barnstormers Dynasty is to tell a compelling and intriguing story using EA Sports Front Office Football (FOF2) as the backdrop. The stats are real, the story is not.

To catch up on the story so far, go to the following links:

Iowa Barnstormers Prologue
Iowa Barnstormers 2003: Thunder in the Sky
Iowa Barnstormers 2004: A New Threat
Iowa Barnstormers 2005: Compromised
Iowa Barnstormers 2006: Quality Control
Iowa Barnstormers 2007: The Unexpected Hitchhiker
Iowa Barnstormers 2008: On the Trail of a Killer

House Rules (Updated 3/12/04!)

I employ a fairly rigorous set of "house rules" (no real NFL players, no franchise tag, must maintain a 53-man roster, no renegotiating, can't make trade proposals except during the draft, trades must pass "fairness test", auto-sign rookies). During the 20-step free agent period, I may negotiate with any player who was on my team the previous season without restriction. As for free agents who did not play on my team the previous season, I may sign up to three of them during the 20-step process, but only one in the first 10 rounds. After the 20-step free agency period, I can only sign undrafted rookie free agents and players who were on my roster the previous season. All contracts signed outside of the 20-step process must be for exactly what the player asks, or for one year. Last, all multi-year deals must include a signing bonus equal to the highest year of the contract, unless I accept the player’s initial offer.

Grid Iron is offline   Reply With Quote