View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 09:48 AM   #12
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Antonin
Gee whiz. And y'all accuse us of being totally consumed by racial concerns.

Y'all? First of all, I ignored replying to this thread until this post. I'm not consumed by it, we are constantly reminded on how blacks and other minorities are/were mistreated by whites. It is a sensitive issue.

Quote:
What any of this has to do with Front Office Football is beyond me. And shouldn't OT topics be marked "OT"?

If you've looked at all the posts, you'll see the majority have nothing to do with FOF. They are just posts about anything in general, but most are topical. Some are funny and inane, some are frank and serious (this being one of those).

Quote:
But wierd discussions like this are the main reason I limit my internet time. It never fails: whenever I hang around a place where white folks hang out, one or more of them ALWAYS wants to introduce the subject of race. Always!

It's weird, not wierd, I know you were probably under duress. I see you've posted like 7 times on the board, so yes, you must be more active in the real world. How do you know everyone on the board is white, or that the board is predominantly white, isn't that the same type of generalizing that bigots do?

Quote:
It's as if y'all can't sleep at night because you believe the entire planet belongs to you and only you, and you are afraid that any time a black person makes any gains in the world, it can ONLY be at your expense.

Lots of minorities have helped to make this country better, I sleep very well at night knowing this. I don't know how blacks improving the quality of life would/could be negative (or any minority for that matter)...but you have to admit that there are blacks who feed on making things negative just as much as there are whites do (Sharpton's notorious for this, Jackson has fallen from grace because of his infidelities, and Cochrane got O.J. off(do you think he was innocent?).

Quote:
We're not your enemy, but too many of you treat us and talk about us as if we are. That has been my experience for the 45 years I have been on this planet, living with, going to school with, enjoying friendships with, and working with white people. Living among you can be stressful, because you could exterminate us any time you choose.

I don't think anything in the posts stated that you were (or any black or minority for that matter)? You make us sound like animals, or a different breed of people...are you the Jane Goodall among the white people? I treat everyone the same except for those who treat me badly, I've never looked at skin color to be a requirement for treating people better.

As for the whole genocide thing, I don't know where you live, but it's amazing that you would think this would ever happen, white and blacks, Jews and gentiles and Christians, men and women, gays and heterosexuals, united to bring about civil rights, people losts their lives for it,

do you really think that people would let that happen?

Quote:
The thing that supposedly unites us here is FoF. If I brought my non-FoF concerns to this forum, the flame wars would rage hot and bitter for weeks.

Race is one of the most painful topics in our society. Does anybody other than me wish that in THIS place, we could get away from all that and have fun talking about stuff that unites us?

No you won't get a flame war, I am just blown away by your fear and confusion. Race isn't a painful topic, shouldn't be, we need to accept everyone, each other...we are all Americans...as for a the board being anything but a discussion board, here I disagree, let the boardmembers decide on what topics should be allowed (as moderated by our moderators). You can always choose to ignore these types of threads as well.

Quote:
Don't bother to flame me. I don't come here very much and I'm not going to see your flames. The last thing I'm going to spend my time doing is arguing about race with a bunch of white guys.

So, bye for now.

Again, generalizing with white guys, again thinking that whites are bigots, or closeminded, we aren't /all/ bigots (all races have racism).

You don't come here much, then how do you know anything about us? Please don't be someone who spouts off and then runs away, stay your ground, talk to us, and we'll be happy to debate...

Last edited by Qwikshot : 02-08-2003 at 09:51 AM.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote