View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 12:22 PM   #354
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
I would disagree that it is "thuggish players" that are cheating. I do feel, however, that in the last 2 OT games I watched this year, all players were getting away with some real, lousy hits.

My question is: can anybody remember the last time you saw a penalty in playoff OT? I can't remember. I realize that the refs are trying to let the players decide the game but come on, some of those hits in the OTT/TOR game were pretty questionable.

As a ref, are you the goat who called a penalty and let a team win, or are you the goat who didn't call a penalty and let the other team win?

2 nights ago, Canucks vs Flames. A Canuck grabbed onto a Flame so tightly by the jersey that we actually witnessed the "guys feet skating madly but body not moving at all" image. That was what it took to get a penalty in OT, an offense so blatant a six-year old wouldn't miss it.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote