View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 04:51 PM   #288
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Get rid of Pronger? Primelord you are as crazy as the goofballs who call KFNS all day.

Keep the defense, let Osgood tutor Divas and get rid of Demitra, Weight (I love ya Weight but you take too many days off), and anyone else who is making big $$$ and doesn't do sheet. Although I like Tkachuck.

Todd

Hey now!

Here is the difference between what I am suggesting and what the guys who call KFNS like to suggest. They want to ship guys like Pronger off whern they go into 2 game slumps and they are in the middle of their contracts.

I am saying that since Pronger is a free agent we can't afford to pay him what we are paying him and field a competitive team. 10 million doolars a year is just too much money to be tied up in one player when you have a very strong defense even without him. They showed they can play just fine without him the year he was out.

I think Pronger is a great player and I love having on the team, bot not at the expense of doing ANYTHING in the playoffs. We need scoring and we need goal tending. And we can;t get that with all that money tied up in Pronger. Divis is an interesting option, but he struggled badly several times this year. He may develop into a good goalie, but I would rather they took the money and got a proven guy now.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote