View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 12:46 PM   #274
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Stephane Richer was another one that you always heard about. Mike Peca rumors are pretty common these days.

Stephane Richer...hahah. There was something a little unusual about that guy, but that doesn't mean he was anything other than a little funny/strange/eccentric. We saw him after a game, and he was trying to hitch a ride rather than going to the team bus. My wife and I were the only people that knew who he was, so he was talking to us (mostly wisecracks about how nobody would pick him up). After about 15 minutes of this, he said something like, "Well, that's it, I'm just going to walk" and off he went into the distance. It was funny, but strange.

It seems like I've heard the Peca rumors as well. I'm sort of surprised that they don't whirl around for Ziggy Palffy. Everyone knows he kissed Travis Green on the lips after a goal several seasons ago, and never talked about it in the press/public as far as I ever saw. He always seemed like a pretty nice guy, though, and smart, so it would serve no purpose to try and use that to ridicule/hurt him.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote