View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #230
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
St. Louis, well, sorry Mizou and Primer... There's always next year. $9.5 million is it for Tkahuck? ZERO play-off goals. Nice.

Yea I have had about all I can take with Tkachuk and his disappearing act in the playoffs. Every damn year he does this. Demitra does the same damn thing. Certainly hindsight is 20-20, but the Blues should have just cleaned house at the trade deadline. Weight needs to go. He is a great player, but since the Blues refuse to get a real winger for him to play with it is stupid to have that much money tied up in him. If they can find someone to take Tkachuk's salary he needs to go as well. All his goals are great in the regular season, but he is useless in the playoffs and it is just time to move on.

They also should have traded Pronger at the deadline. Not that I don't love him, but the Blues have a very good young core of D men and the money it is going to take to hold onto Prongs would be much better speant on scoring and damned goalie. And finally Osgood is NOT the answer. Just because Osgood was the last average goalie to win a cup does not mean he will do it for you. Take the money you save from Pronger, Weight, and Tkachuk and get some damn speed and a goalie. PLEASE!

I felt good going into this series, but it was very obvious the Sharks were the better team. Without question they had the better goalie and most of the time that is all it takes in the playoffs. But the Sharks made the Blues look like they were skating in mud. Nothing like playing dump and chase and not being able to beat the other team to the puck. Wheeeee! Congrats to the Sharks they were the better team and deserved to roll us like they did. I don't know when they will play hockey again, but I really hope the Blues take the time to think about where they have gone wrong all these years. It seems pretty obvious to me. GET A DAMN GOALIE!
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote