View Single Post
Old 04-11-2004, 08:19 PM   #225
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Indianapolis, IN – The residents of Manhattan awoke to something new today, the sound of an 750 horsepower Champ Car, with Herdez driver Ryan Hunter-Reay behind the wheel.

Preparing for the 2004 Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford, Champ Car’s television partner, SPIKE TV filmed three commercials over five hours this morning in Times Square. The streets were blocked and the cameras were rolling as Hunter-Reay screamed through America’s most famous street, “This is definitely what they call a once in a lifetime experience,” exclaimed Champ Car’s most recent race winner. “This is my first time in New York City. I arrived last night and my eyes were big, but to be driving a Champ Car down Times Square this morning with hundreds of people smiling and cheering us on, it was unbelievable.”

Spike TV is the new home of Champ Car and Hunter-Reay is impressed, “what was accomplished today is an example of the dedication and expertise the Spike crew and Adam Friedman have committed to Champ Car. The fans, sponsors, teams and drivers; we are all in for a treat, the 2004 season kicked off today at the Crossroads of America.”

The pre-season preparations are finished and the Herdez crew is ready, Ryan Hunter-Reay and his teammate Mario Dominguez will take the green flag for the first time this year next week during round one of the 2004 Champ Car World Series at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach. For more information visit www.TeamHerdez.com.

TLK is offline   Reply With Quote