View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 09:46 AM   #83
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Well, I managed to get into work today and listen to the tape delay. Gotta love Europeans and their respect for the holidays. It's two days before Easter Sunday and the place is virtually empty. We also have Monday off, so it's a good start to things.

Can't say the same about the Wings. Not a good start at all. 16 seconds in? Man, that was bad. The penalty shot nearly killed me. But, I have to give it to Legace, the kid really stood in there. Nashville was the better team in the first, had plenty of chances to put the Wings down 2-0, but Legace held his ground and made some great saves. The Wings finally started turning things around in the 2nd, but Vokoun was up to the task. He finally caved in the 3rd and the Wings pulled it out. The Wings got stronger as the game went on. I think they will be able to wear down Nashville. The Wings really can and do roll four consistently good lines at a team. Now with a defense that can actually hit some people and wear down forwards (see: Schneider, Hatcher, Fischer, Chelios (sorta)) this should become an even bigger advantage.

As for the rest of my picks, man was I off.... It's still early yet and there's a lot of hockey left to be played.
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote