View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 06:53 AM   #43
mmarra82
High School Varsity

Changes that were made.

My attempt was to recreate Jets history, however, in order to keep the game competitive I attempted to strengthen the teams that were affected by the Jets moves as well.

Marvin Jones was released and signed to Green Bay who took QB Rex Grossman instead of first round draft choice Nick Barrett of Oregon State. I also signed Hannibal Navies who was signed by the NFL Pack in 2003. So Green Bay came up a LB short for overall roster spots, but the received a much needed boost in the middle from Jones.

Mo Lewis was released and signed to Dallas. LB Al Singleton went to the Cowboys in the 2003 season, however, in my goal to make the Jets younger I signed Singleton instead. The Cowboys in turn got a better LB in Lewis.

In order to not be bogged down by Curtis Conway's contract, he went to Baltimore, who needed a receiver, therefore, that freed up Robinson who I signed.

Since I did not allow Washington to sign Chad Morton, I signed Michael Bates to handle Kick Return duties for the 'Skins.

Changes in the Draft:
Baltimore only had one first round draft choice, I did not want to trade future draft picks, because there is no way to do it in the game. The Ravens stayed with Suggs as there only selection.

Chicago, who received two first round picks in the New England trade used the first one on DE Michael Haynes, and the second one on a quarterback, since Boller was rated higher, they took him over Grossman.

That left Green Bay to pass on OLB Neil Barrett of Oregon and select QB Rex Grossman.

In the second round, Detroit no longer has Boss Bailey on the board so they select OLB Neil Barrett of Green Bay.

With the 21st pick in the second round the Jets fill a need with WR Tyrone Calico. This effects Tennessee's selection, so they take the next highest rated receiver, Brandon Lloyd.

The third round, the Jets had the 11th pick (compensation from the Coles deal) they select LB Victor Hobson, who was not rated as high as I had hoped. Baltimore gets there QB with the 13th pick, former Michigan QB, Drew Henson.

There were a couple of other minor changes as well, but nothing to speak of.

Last edited by mmarra82 : 04-06-2004 at 06:36 AM.
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote