View Single Post
Old 03-29-2004, 12:13 PM   #39
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR
He wrote almost everything he ever recorded, with a few exceptions.
Not sure if that was directed at me, but I'm well aware of that. My comments were about things I hate in general (artists who don't write their own music), not having to do with Billy Joel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
he can't relate to the songs he is singing, allentown??? how could he relate to that? i will take you just the way you are? ummm your wife was hot bud
Who says you can't write about what your life used to be like? The guy grew up poor. If that was the test, then no country singers could write their stupid "workin' hard for a livin'" songs after they hit it big. Hey wait, we may be on to something... For some artists, that's their shtick. I don't see that being held against them.

As for his marriage to Brinkley, I'm fairly certain "I love you just the way you are" was written before they got together. Again, you're mixing and matching things that don't fit together to conform to some image you want to have of him.

As far as someone not really believing what they are singing...that's an awfully subjective thing. If he comes off that way to you, then there's not much the guy can do about it, is there? Personally, I've never felt that way about him; I just can't relate to a lot of his songs, so I prefer not to listen to him. His very being doesn't infuriate me like, say, Glen Frey.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-29-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote