View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 08:59 AM   #14
mmarra82
High School Varsity

UPDATE

I am in the process of working the Real Player files in the CSV format. I have just finished changing some players draft positions, I have change the ratings for the rookies being drafted.

I changed the player ratings for the rookies being drafted using the following strategy.

I went and researched via internet the 2003 mock drafts and player ratings from various sites.

Then using these player rankings, the players were then compiled into the top 250 players that were drafted in 2003.

Using Jim's percentages for player ratings, these players were then adjusted accordingly. For example, Anquan Boldin was not rated that high in many of the pre draft writeups so he was assigned a player rating of 2. Carson Palmer was the only player who was rated a 9.

I attempted to keep team's 2003 draft decisions and player needs accordingly, afterall this is who these teams wanted. So, I tried to keep them there. I did add Henson to the player's file, and you will have to wait and see where he went, and to who.

Along with the draft I am working on all my decisions of how I want to handle the Jets' 2003 off-season. Decisions such as, keep Testaverde and or Mo Lewis or not. I have decided if I release a player, I will attempt to add their cap hit to my team. I figure the best way to do this would be to disperse there cap hit over a few players to keep my cap number high. I know that it is not the most accurate way, however, it is the only way I think I can do it.

I am also, researching available free agents in 2003. I know that last season the Jets needed to upgrade their Safety position, and did nothing to do so. I am not evaluation these players based on the player's ratings in the file, but based on the realistic performance and what they signed for. Once again, I do not feel it is realistic to look at the player's rating in the file. In the event I move Testaverde and Mo Lewis, I will have them signed with another team who was in need of filling that position.

Also, I know Manning was playing the last year of his contract for 2003, I am extending his contract. It seems that the Computer AI has let him become a free agent and he signed with another team, I feel that Manning would never be let go.
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote