View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 12:12 PM   #12
mmarra82
High School Varsity

EDWARDS PRESS COFERENCE

As expected the Jets officially announced that Herman Edwards is no longer coach of the New York Jets.

Johnson opened up with the following statement, "At this time the New York Jets are saddened to announce that Herman Edwards will no longer be coaching the New York Jets. Herm grew frustrated with the way our front office changed and expressed his discontent to me. I asked Herman if he could see himself working through the situation, and he surprisingly informed me that he couldn't based on the current situation. With the change in the front office I informed Herm that we could not discuss negotiations this season, because I wanted to allow the new General Manager time to evaluate our situation. Understandably I could see why Herm grew disatified, he wanted to sign an extension to secure his future with the organization and that option just is not there right now. As tough as it is to let go of a coach after the success he has brought to the organization in just two short years, we will find a qualified replacement."

Last edited by mmarra82 : 03-21-2004 at 10:28 AM.
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote