View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 10:47 PM   #558
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The coaches went up and down the sideline preaching both hands on the ball, even to the linemen.

"No fumbles!"

"No penalties!"

J.B. Brewster walked up and down the sideline confirming to everyone that we'll win this game.

Steven Everett fields the short popup kick at the 14 and returns the ball to the UT31. All we need to do at this point is just hold onto the ball. Eat up 6 minutes of the clock, and go home winners.

Brewster takes the first handoff off left guard for 3, and we start the clock milking.

That's why the next call surprised me.

We run a reverse for Everett and he gains 3 around the left sideline. 3rd and 4 on our own 37, and already we have a must convert 3rd down. Especially with the way America's Favorite Punter has performed.

I take the snap and fake to Brewster up the middle and then throw to Everett over the middle. He makes the catch, and gains 10!!

First down, Tennessee!

Brewster goes off right tackle for 3 more, and then off left guard for 7 more. Another first down! Ball on the LSU 43!

We come back with another suprise, it's a slant pass to Everett again. Complete for 9 yards. 2nd and 1, and we call a bootleg pass. I look to Everett deep, but that option is null and void. I head upfield and gain 5 before the LSU defense reacts. Another first and as I get up I look to the clock.

2:05. LSU calls a time out. Their first charged time out.

Last edited by Poli : 03-02-2004 at 10:51 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote