View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 01:36 PM   #126
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Havok: Thanks a bunch! I'm pleasantly surprised that we were able to do this well, considering the state we were in at the beginning of the season. I also take some pride in knowing that the "tanking" that CIM and Sweden Heights conducted didn't affect us. We were in line for a 3rd or 4th place finish before those two started their shinanegans.

DukeRulesMAB: I forgot to make mention of it, but yes, Big Reds did actually manage to autopromote out of the series, which is quite impressive. They were the 2nd team above the auto-promotion line, which means we've received a walkover team. This will no doubt hurt our series ranking, but things are still going to be tough, with the likes of NGE, CIM, and Sweden Heights to contend with.

sterlingice: ShockerZ look to be a pretty good team, and the walkover demotion from Division III is a blessing for them, as it means there will actually be room for them to stay in the series after next season. They're pretty good, but if Big Reds were still around I think they'd still get demoted.

I'm going to put the finishing touches on this season over the next couple of days (time permitting), before starting a new thread for Season 6. Also, I feel the need for a bit of a change in the format of this thing (as was pointed out at the Golden Scribes, this thing is old). So I'll probably be going to more of a narrative-heavy and statistic-light format for next season. There's precious little room for creative juices the way this thing stands now.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote