View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 01:21 PM   #475
Poli
FOFC Survivor

South Carolina goes 3 and out on their next drive, thanks in part to 2 sacks by the defense. The punt travels 34 yards to the UT41, where J.B. Brewster awaits. This time we've got a wall set up, and Brewster breaks one tackle and gets behind the wall down the sideline!

No one but the punter to beat and he jukes the poor kid out of his shoes. J.B. trots into the endzone, with a 59 yard punt return for a TD!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!

Alston and the FG team scramble onto the field, and convert the XP.

1:22 left in the half; Tennessee 26, South Carolina 0.

SC makes a nice return to the Gamecock 45 yard line, but the QB forces a ball to his receiver, and CB Roy Dalzell makes the INT at the UT 40 yard line.

53 seconds left on the clock.

We come out with an option right, and Brewster nets 2 yards, but the ball pops out. This time, WR Everett is there to recover. We call time out immediately.

Ball on the UT42, and 42 seconds on the clock. We go with option right again, and this time the defense totally ignores me. I follow a tremendous block by the center Kevin Peters and gain 25 yards on the play before I'm hauled down at the SC 33 yard line. After the tackle I quickly call another time out.

34 seconds on the clock.

We jam Brewster in off left guard for 12 as the Gamecock defense begins to break down, and quickly scramble to run another play. The pitch left only nets 2, and we call time out.

In comes K Alston and company, and we nail the 36 yard FG.

South Carolina ends the half with a kneel down, and life is good in Knoxville.

End of the half. Volunteers 29, Gamecocks 0.