View Single Post
Old 02-18-2004, 09:59 PM   #465
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We begin to talk it over. What South Carolina did and what not. What we could do to combat it. Before I know it. We score.

2 points. Safety. How the?

Turns out, DE Doug Stanton happens to be a one man wrecking crew. He hurried the QB on 1st down. Forced the tackle blocking him into two false starts, and then proceeded to sack the quarterback twice, the final sack for a safety.

Brewster is beckoned onto the field to take the free kick, and he does. He takes the kick at the UT25 and returns it 24 yards to the UT49.

8:54 left in the 1st quarter.

We call play action on 1st down this time, but it still doesn't work. I end up scrambling off the bootleg action and lose a yard in the process. 2nd and 11, and we send Brewster in motion. I feed him the ball quickly and he turns the short pass into a 13 yard first down reception.

The ball now rests on the SC39 yard line.

Option left, and I'm ignored. I get 2 yards before a quick reacting LB tackles me. We motion Brewster out on 2nd down again, but this time my pass in tipped away by a LB. 3rd and 8, and again Brewster in motion. I pump his way and it looks as if the entire defense jumps that way. I turn and lob the ball to TE Thomas Kolodzik, he makes his way through the defense for 24 yards and the first down!

The ball was at the 13 yard line momentarily, as we're whistled for a false start. Brewster takes advantage of the new real estate, and plows off right guard for 14 yards. 2nd and 1 at the 4, and we throw South Carolina for a loop.

Fake to Brewster and a counter handoff to FB Willie Jordan who gallops into the endzone off left tackle untouched! The first carry by a fullback at UT in recent history!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!

Alston adds the XP, and no one could be happier for Jordan than myself.

5:45 left in the 1st; Tennessee 9, South Carolina 0.