View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 04:12 PM   #22
TLK
Pro Starter

I went to a high school of about 300 students tops (anyone familiar with the Detroit/Dearborn area... it was St. Alphonsus) Anyways, my senior year of high school, they decided that although our soccer team hadn't won a game in two years and that there was no intrest in fielding a team.... to try soccer for one more year. We had six guys show up for our first practice, so they decided to fill the team out with five girls. Needless to say, we didn't win a game all year. There were games that were close, but close for us was five goals down. It was pretty funny though, although we were losing games by the mercy rule, three of our four defenders we rewarded with all-league honors. The girls tried, but three out of the five were just plain bad. The other two were completely passable when compared to the rest of the team.

We took a lot of crap from the other schools. I forget who we were playing but after their JV had gone up on us 8-0, they put their freshman team, who scored the two final goals to mercy us..... just humiliating. Five years later the scars are still with me () and the school was closed down last year...... good times

edited to include pic

Last edited by TLK : 11-17-2004 at 01:46 AM.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote