View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 12:26 PM   #396
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

MikeVic: Yes, the bravery score and the two PSI ratings are completely different. Bravery rating indicates how likely you are to panic when the mission starts going bufu. The PSI defense rating indicates how likely you are to succumb to alien PSI attacks. PSI skill refers to your ability to use PSI attacks on aliens. PSI defense does not change at all. PSI skill increases with training (and use, I think). Bravery almost never changes, but it does go up if your morale falls below 45 in a mission and you don't crack. The PSI ratings are unknown until an agent undergoes PSI training. We just began that last month, and their are about a dozen agents currently in PSI training. We'll find out their results on October 31. Next month we can train 10 at USA COM, 10 at EU COM, and 20 at ASIA COM. We don't have any PSI training rooms yet at AFRICA COM or SAM COM, and probably don't have time to build any. You've got to get to one of the three big bases to get PSI-trained. Lastly, our intelligence tells us that a low PSI defense rating would be a kiss of death on the final mission. I'm concerned about low bravery, too, but not as much.

Blade: Your guy has awesome reactions. Rumor has it that the top brass has their eye on you for the final mission. But I didn't tell you that. It's just a rumor.

Lokugh: Are you referring to UFO: Aftermath? I bought the game used, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I've read a few threads over at Gone Gold where the majority of posters didn't like the game, though. Supposedly tactics/AI are non-existent, you can't enter buildings or blow them up, and the game balancing has problems in that the aliens bring out these turbo weapons about 2/3 of the way into that game that pretty much destroy your squads no matter what you do. Overall, it didn't sound like as much fun as the original. At some point, I'll give it a try, though, just to see what it's like. I do believe that Firaxis and Sid Meier have bought the rights to X-COM, Master of Magic, and Pirates. I know their working on a sequel to Pirates right now. If anyone could do a remake of X-COM justice, it would think it would be them. They usually "get" it.

Vince: Thanks!

Ardent: If you pick up the game, be sure to pick up the Collector's Edition. The regular version has a lot of problems on newer computers.

Astott: I think that number might be off by a day or two. You'll be back in action very soon.

Kingfc: Got it. Thanks! To be honest though, at this point it might not matter, as there is no one that is opting to refuse low bravery soldiers. Best strategy is to get into the game as quickly as possible, and don't die.

Coffee: I believe you about the final mission. The strat guide doesn't go into much detail, but the numbers and quality of enemies reads like an Alien All-Pro Team. They're bringing their A-Squad, that's for sure.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 02-13-2004 at 01:39 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote