View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 03:27 PM   #377
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Sterling: The fusion bombs are the programmable ammo for the Hover Tanks. I think they pack a big punch, but not quite as much as the missiles from the blaster launchers. The Hover Tanks hold eight fusion bombs each. As soon as we get enough made, we'll start sending them on some missions so that we get used to fighting with them. We'll take 1-3 such tanks with us if we make it to the Mars mission.

Raw: You might rethink that. If we lose: no more booty. If we win and you're a hero: lots of booty for the rest of your life.

Toddiec: Got it. Superman might want in as well, and we'll make the decision on head pilot as the time draws near. Since the Mars craft will have a flight crew of three, you'll all be on board. We won't be using our regular Skyranger pilots, that's for sure.

Sectoid Leader: Bite me.

Qwikshot: Excellent points. The stakes'll get higher on each missions as we get closer and closer to launch. It would suck to be on the list to go and then die a week before launch.

Everyone:

* I'm assuming that everyone will want to go on the final mission.

* Don't worry about "attendance" at the meeting: everyone was there.

* The selection of troops for the final mission will be based on a bunch of factors. Although bravery is important, I'm leaning towards putting more emphasis on PSI defense, which is an unknown for everyone. Also, anyone who doesn't go to Mars should still see front-line fighting before that time.

* If you're on the waiting list, I'm guessing you'll see quite a bit of action. We're losing a little less than one agent per mission. With 40-50 missions left, you should easily make it into combat, even if our kills per mission is falling. I would even think people on the waiting list have a moderate chance of making the final mission. It depends on so many other factors, but I can think of a lot of scenarios where you'd get a chance to make it.

Coffee, Psycho: Yikes! You guys are scaring me! I had no idea the last mission would be that tough. I allowed myself to read the strategy guide section on the final mission, and they don't make it sound too bad. Then again, they don't go into much detail.

Blade6119, Anxiety: I won't be doing another full-fledged X-COM dynasty, even with the sequel. This is it. This is a blast to do, but I've got a couple of other dynasties I want to try next. I suppose at some point I may take a shot at the sequel, but not with full mission writeups and not to the same detail as this dynasty. It would be much briefer reports, etc. If anyone wants to take on the sequel, feel free. I'll sign up in a second!
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote