View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 05:35 PM   #424
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Our defense responds again, and this time I look to the scoreboard as it flashes a message: The Georgia QB is now 1 of 17 passing on the day. Even I haven't been that bad.

The defense sends Georgia back to their own 22, where they send off a 26 yard punt. Brewster calls a fair catch at the Georgia 48 yard line.

8:44 left in the 3rd.

We come back to the play action, looking for Kolodzik over the top, but again I'm rushed and miss the receiver. On 2nd down, I try to hit Castleberry on a slant, and I hit him, right in the hands, but the guy DROPPED the ball. 3rd and 10, and a flat pass to Brewster gains 12.

"Thank goodness" I think to myself. I was wondering if I'd ever complete another pass.

Brewster takes a pitch left for 4, and then rumbles to the Georgia 20 yard line on an option right for 12.

We try to get the ball to Castleberry, but he's in obvious pain as he's playing and the rush is forcing me to throw earlier than I want. I miss Castleberry completely. Brewster gains 5 on 2nd down off left guard, but Mason isn't as lucky off right guard and is stopped for no gain.

In comes the FG unit, and Alston converts the attempt into 3 points for the good guys.

5:56 left in the 3rd; Tennessee 33, Georgia 0.