View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 10:19 AM   #414
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Fortunately, the defense doesn't let me down; and keeps my turnover from being reflected on the scoreboard. They force a 3 and out. The punt is fielded by Brewster at the UT 18 yard line, where he calls a fair catch. 10:48 left in the half.

Brewster carries up the middle for 3, and then off right guard for 10. The hole was created by TE Kolodzik, who annihilated an ILB. 1st and 10, and we call for screen pass to RB Brandon Mason. It falls incomplete as the play was broken up, and I'm thrown to the ground after I got rid of the ball.

Penalty flags come flying.

Roughing the passer! FB Roman Prescott comes over to help me up off the field, and I feel like I need a good back popping now.

The penalty gives us a 1st down at the UT 46.

Brewster back in, and we send him in motion. I float a ball out to him on an out route, and he turns it into an 18 yard gain. Castleberry comes in, and he looks like he's in pain. We call for a hitch pattern to him, but he drops the ball.

I'm getting tired of these dropped balls!

2nd and 10 on the Georgia 36, and I'm looking for Brewster on a post pattern. I'm flushed from the pocket, and I short arm the ball to Brewster, incomplete. 3rd down, and Everett is in the game. I lob the ball his way on a fade route and he comes down with the ball. He's finally brought down at the 13 yard line!

1st and 10 at the 13, and Mason comes in for Brewster. We call the crossing play we ran earlier, but this time the defense looks familiar with the play. The ball is batted down easily.

2nd down, and a screen to Brewster nets 9 yards. 3rd and 1, and we go for power football, off the left side, our strong side. Georgia was all over it. Brewster was dropped for a loss of 2 on the play.

FG unit heads out onto the field again, and Alston adds the 23 yard FG to the score.

7:22 left in the half; Tennessee 23, Georgia 0.